Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Final December remarks

 Yes, I realize that we are now on to hearts and love and 2 months nearly past Christmas, but there were still a few things I want to share.  Matthew decorated these cookies all by himself at afterschool.

 My parents bought new Christmas lights and I hung them for them.


 Then December 20th was blowing snow, creating white outs, so we had our 1st snow day!!!



 I love watching him use my little snow shovel my Grandmom gave me.


 Gingerbread house made at ASP.  And 2 of the Christmas houses we built.


There wasn't enough snow for a snowman, but plenty for a snowball fight!  It was a lovely day at home.

Matthew decorated our sugar cookies.  He's real big on TONS of sprinkles.  To the point you have to shake them off to be able to eat the cookie.

 Last year I bought this gingerbread train and planned to have us decorate it, as we'd had so much fun doing the house in 2010, but I got all burned out and we never did.  So I saved it (it was wrapped in plastic) and we did it this year.  Matthew was totally bummed because he couldn't eat any of it.

After admiring it for a week (and begging to eat pieces off of it) I threw it out in the woods for the critters to enjoy and this critter seems to be the one who enjoyed it.

Ok, I'm finally done with Christmas.  Everyone cheer!

3 comments:

  1. I like your wrap up of Dec. The lights look great, and I ate those cookies. They were good! Why did you not let Matthew eat the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photo where you caught Scamp with the evidence in his teeth!
    Auntie, the kit was way too old to eat, but it was fun to decorate.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Auntie, he did get to eat the little house he made at afterschool.

    Mom, I'm glad I caught it too.

    ReplyDelete