Thursday, March 28, 2013

Matthew-isms

Monday was our first day back from Spring Break, so Matthew got a new library book at school.  It happened to be an adorable book by Viviane Schwarz called Timothy and the Strong Pajamas.  If you have kids, or just like to read children's books, I highly suggest reading it.  Anyway, this is the email my Mom sent me about Matthew and the book.

"So I'm driving home yesterday and Matthew is in the back seat reading the book about strong pajamas. Suddenly from the back, I heard him ask, "Mamaw, would you buy me some strong peajamas please? [yes, he says PEA jamas]  I told him I would if we could find some. I asked him how we'd know if they were the strong kind. He replied, "It will say 'strong' on the label."

He cracks me up!  Then Tuesday I'm driving him home and for some reason, when we were teasing each other I said, "How about I kick you in the rumpkiss?"  He very sternly replied, "Mom, God can hear you, you know and he doesn't like it."  I said, "Well if God can see inside my heart won't he know I'm teasing you?"  "God still doesn't like it."  Well, I guess a 5 year old put me in my place!  Can't argue with God.

Last night I get home and he said, "Mommy, does this picture I made make you feel more spring like?"  "Yes!," I said meanwhile getting excited to hang it up.  "Good, I'm giving it to Mrs. Tiffany."  And another picture bites the dust.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't he delightful! Where does he come up with some of the things he says??? So fun!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the picture, but otherwise delightful isms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the spring art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears-in-heart memories for you... Matthew is such a sweet boy, but tell him I said "strong"!

    ReplyDelete