Saturday, December 1, 2012

First lost tooth!

 November 1st that is.  Matthew was brushing his teeth that morning and suddenly he said with a slight note of panic, "Mom, did my tooth break off?"

Nope buddy, one of your first 2 baby teeth fell out.  He was 4 months old when he cut that bad boy and it fell out exactly 5 years later.  After that, he wanted us to take him to school just long enough to be able to write his name on the tooth chart for November.  He had to wait 4 whole days to write it.

We put the tooth in a sandwich bag and put it under the pillow.  The tooth fairy came, took the tooth, and left 2 dollars!  More then I thought that fairy might leave.  ;)

2 comments:

  1. As I recall, the tooth fairy used to leave me a nickle or a dime when I was a kid. Once she didn't make it the first night so she left me a quarter the next night to make up for it! Two dollars sounds about right for today's economy!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tooth fairy didn't visit my house but I think Beth is correct about today's economy. I'm sure Matthew is excited about losing his first tooth.

    ReplyDelete